Saturday, January 31, 2009

The death of a hard drive

As a late Christmas gift to me my hard drive decide to end it's life. I was using the computer and just downloaded some updates and shut down the computer to finish the install and got a grey screen. Hubby took to the Apple store and they were able to recover a few files and transfer them to my new fancy laptop hubby picked out for me. So I have been working on trying to revive my photos and other info from the external hard drive but it has been giving me grief too. So I will stop waiting to blog until I can catch up and just move on from here. I would like to end this post with a public service announcement. If you love things you store on your hard drive make sure to back them up to disk or external drive somewhere so that you don't have to suffer that sick feeling of losing everything if your hard drive goes.

No comments:

Post a Comment