Friday, May 7, 2010

Names, Names, Names, everybodys got one

Kelly at Kelly's Korner hosts, Show Us Your Life, each week. This week she is doing Kid's Names and we have several of those so I thought I would participate. I love names and have tons I wanted to use but here is the story of how each of our kiddos their names. All of our kids have 3 names plus our last name. They each have names in honor of someone in our lives. So lets start with the oldest.

William Kenneth Monroe or better known as Liam. He is named William after my step father and great Uncle. Kenneth after both my hubby and Father in Law's middle names. Monroe was the last name of lots of my family on my mom's side.

Then we have Alexis Grace Marie. Alexis is the name she came to us with at 19 months old. When her adoption was final we changed her middle names to Grace after my paternal grandmother and Marie is my middle name and I believe is also after one of my mother's grandmothers

Next up is Landon Joshua Bryan. He came to us at 1 month old as Joshua Bryan and when his adoption was final we added Landon to the beginning of his name. Landon we just liked. Joshua was from his birth family but is also my cousin's name. Bryan is the middle name of my brother and also his birth father.

Brenna Gwendolynne Anne, such a big name for our tiny daughter. We picked her up at the hospital as Christina Lynne. When we knew she was going to be ours forever we named her Brenna, I have always loved Brenna no family name but if we wouldn't have had Landon with Bryan as a middle name Brenna would have been Brynna and after my brother. Gwendolynne is a name Jason liked but also incorporates her birth middle name so she still has part of that. Anne is for my sister and mother, they share that middle name as well as part of my friends middle name.

Finally we have Rogan Wayland Charles. When brought him home from the hospital he was Bryan Christopher. We weren't planning on his arrival to our family and weren't sure what his long term story would be. Shortly after we got home from the hospital with him Jason and I were discussing what his name would be if he stayed with us. We weren't sure but than the TV said "Hi my name is Rogan" We didn't see what it was but we both looked at each other and decided that was a cool name. The Wayland is Jason's grandfather's middle name. He was a cool guy that I unfortunately only got the pleasure of meeting once. Both he and my Grandfather were Harry W's which I thought was neat but Jason's grandfather had the neater middle name so we went with that. Charles is my Father's middle name, my great grandfather's first name and one of Jason's awesome uncle's name. We thought of keeping Christopher but I have a past with a Christopher that I am not found of and even though it wouldn't have been after him I couldn't bring myself to leave it as part of his name.

Other names I love and have considered in our journey to name our youth are for girls Christianna, Paxton (after the character in Message from Nam) Fallon, Harper ( we actually sometimes call Brenna, Harper B. In fact we used it so often that she use to tell me her name wasn't Brenna it was Harper B or Harper Beeb) and Calliope. For Boys I have a shorter list as we got to name 3 of them. I still like Grayson, but it is so popular, Derek, and Airton.

Those are our names and we sticking with them. Thanks for stopping by and seeing what we were up to.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to see you post again! Your kids do have neat and interesting name stories. Thanks for sharing! I love my kids names, but sometimes wish I would have used their middle names for first names: Collin, Kate and Henry. Oh well!

    ReplyDelete