Friday, July 23, 2010

Ever feel like you are living the movie Groundhog's Day

This is just a vent, please do not feel compelled to read or comment. I just need to get this out there so I can move on with my rinse and repeat day. Do you ever feel like you are living the movie Groundhog's Day? I do, all the time. I wish that I could learn what ever it is I need to learn so I can move on to a new day. In the movie things are a little different but basically the same and that is how I feel. I can almost guarantee that everyday will start with Brenna screaming this high pitched scream, Landon banging on something, followed by going in their room and telling Landon to please put on his clothes and to bring down the things he has peed on. Then during the day Alexis will have a screaming, kicking tantrum, Rogan will climb on the counters to get something, Brenna and Landon will be mean to the dog, Liam will boss everyone and get mad that they don't listen. Followed by Landon getting whiny and argumentative over a minor thing, Brenna getting tired and picking at everyone, then Alexis will take over being bossy and tell everyone how to play then wonder why the other kids don't want to play with her, me having to ask where's the fire since everyone is screaming or running or both. Later Liam will hate what ever we are eating and say he is full, Alexis and Landon will argue over bedtime, then right before bedtime Liam will suddenly be starving and ask for fruit and will nibble at it incredibly slow so he can't go to bed and pretend he can't hear when we say hurry up or that's it it's time for bed. Then I will stay up way too late savoring the quiet and lack of drama only to wash and repeat the day when I awaken the next morning. I do realize that this is just part of the life of Mommy but man am I tired of it. I know some day I am suppose to miss this part but I really can't imagine. The best part of it all is that if I get frustrated by it all and try to vent I just piss people off because I am just suppose to let it go and not worry about it. Thanks for listening, I now return you to your regularly scheduled life.

No comments:

Post a Comment