Friday, April 18, 2008

The Perils of the Potty Process

Ahh Landon my man, is 3 1/2 and refused to go potty on the potty most of the time. No matter what we said or did he would refuse. We didn't want to push him as Liam has issues from being pushed and I didn't want two with issues so we let it go. Until he started being potty trained when he was a parent's day out on Fridays for 4 hours. I figured if he could do it for them for 4 hours he could do it for us and I was determined to make it happen. So when Spring Break rolled around and we didn't have to go anywhere or do anything I made that my mission for the break. We started out wearing plastic covered underwear but when I quickly ran out of those I went with the no pants plan. He amazed me and did not have one accident while pants less. Then the next day he wanted wear underwear and pants. I thought I would let him give it try but unfortunately pants and underwear must have felt like enough protection so he wet himself. We went back to just underwear and he did amazing. He did have a couple of accidents but when we ran out of underwear he went commando and by the end of the week I was ecstatic at his progress.
This week was back to the grind and running here and there and he wanted pull ups. I let him wear them out as I wasn't sure what would happen and he did pee in them some but he also started telling us he had to go to the potty as well. So more progress for Landon. I bribed all week with wearing underwear to school (PDO) on Friday and that seem to be motivation. Today was the big day and he got up this morning and we told him he could wear underwear since he was going to school. He got a big smile and went to the bathroom and peed. Got dressed and almost 2 hours later we headed out to school still wearing the same pants and underwear. I warned his teachers and headed out for 4 hours of just me and Brenna. We had big plans hitting Walmart for scissors and then coming home to work on the poodle skirt for Alexis for next week. Then it was time to pick him up. I get to his class and they aren't in the room as it is playground time. But his backpack is there so I hestitantly unzip it find the extra clothes I packed for him STILL THERE. YEAH HE DID IT. We head down to the playground and find him. He was so happy. It is now 4:45 and he is still wearing the same pants and underwear he started with and we couldn't be happier for him. We told him if he has 7 days with no accidents we could go to Target and get him Pat Pat Rocket as a prize. He is excited about the idea. Hopefully it will happen next week. Although I might be tempted to give in if he makes it the weekend.

GO LANDON GO!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment